Aims and Objectives
- To collect reliable data and conduct solid research, identifying relevant local laws, researching international precedents to check the compatibility of prevailing laws.
- To work towards speeding up the pace of legislatives reforms.
- Women Islamic lawyers Forum by conducting research on all proposed laws which are put forth in the shape of bill or Ordinance, not only points out the clauses which are non-Islamic and contradicting to social values, but, also put forward their concerns and recommendations to the relevant institutions.
The Forum is renowned for its struggle to propose legislative reforms in the enactments, and send proposed bills to the legislatures to meet the requirement of Present era. We suggest amendments in prevailing laws, substantive laws as well as procedural laws so that the Right of Fair Trial (Article 10 A of Constitution of Pakistan) may be fully secured.
For such purpose, we have established Research Department working since last 8 years. Women Islamic Lawyers’ Forum by conducting research on all proposed laws which are put forth in the shape of bill or Ordinance, not only points out the clauses which are non-Islamic and contradicting to social values, but, also put forward our concerns and recommendations to the relevant institutions.
We also have an eye on new legislation in the parliament and analyzed the proposed legislation by private and Government members of Parliament. We convey our reviews and publications to the relevant authorities.
To increase awareness about the new legislation and their rights in prevailing legal system, we conduct seminars, workshops and training sessions in different strata of society. Our Aim is to minimize the difficulties of people by giving them right and effective information about the legal system of Pakistan.
Also made public our research by publishing our research material for lawyers as well as for public.
- THE KPK Dowry,Bridal Gifts and Marriage Function Restriction Act 2016 Proposed by WIL Forum.
- Reproductive Health Care and Rights (Amendment) Act 2010” to be introduced in National Assembly.
- The Witness Protection Bill 2014 Sent to National Assembly and High Courts of all Provinces.
- Anti-Terrorism (Amendment) Act 2014” to be introduced in National Assembly.
- Waste Collection and Disposal Act 2014” to be introduced in National Assembly”
- The Khyber Pakhtun Khuwa Shops and Establishments (Amendment Bill 2015” to be introduced in KPK Assembly.
- KPK Shops and Establishment Act 2014 (Day care center and Flexible working hours for women).
- KPK Procedure and Conduct of Business Rules (Amendment) Bill 2015.
- The Khyber Pakhtun Khuwa Shops and Establishment (Amendment) Act 2015.
- Consolidation of Succession Laws Act 2015.
- Muslim Family Laws Ordinance (Second Amendment) Act 2015.
- KPK Prevention of Discrimination on Basis of Hijab/Dress Act 2015”
- “Pakistan Protection (Amendment) Act” to be introduced in National Assembly.
- “Criminal Law (Amendment) Act 2015 regarding Sec 498c and 498d PPC) regarding Forced labor of women to be introduced in National Assembly
- The Income tax Ordinance (Amendment) Act 2016 regarding tax exemption for widows
- The KPK Anti Begging Bill 2017 to be introduced in KPK assembly.
- Civil Procedure code (Amendment) Act 2014” to be introduced in National Assembly regarding speedy trail of execution application.
- Anti Terrorism (Amendment) Bill 2015 regarding rape and sodomy.
- The Provincial Protection of women against Domestic Violence Act 2016.
- A bill to solve family matters through Alternate Dispute Resolution.
- The Code of Criminal Procedure (Amendment) Act 2020 Public Hanging.
- Analysis of The immigration act 2022
- Analysis of The Khnsa protection act 2022 (1)
- Analysis of The transgerder amendant act 2022 (1)
- Analysis of The Constitution (Amendment) Act 2021(Proposed) regarding Article 37
- Analysis of Amendment in the Constitution of Pakistan Article 62
- Analysis of The State Bank (Amendment) Act 2021 (1)
- Analysis of The Criminal laws AmendmentAct 2021 Substitution of Section 375 PPC
- Analysis of the proposed Amendment in the Transgender (Protection of Rights) Act 2018
- Analysis of The Zainab Alert, Response &Recovery (Amendment) Act 2021
- Analysis of The National Commission Human Right Amendment 2021
- Analysis of the Anti-Rape (Investigation and Trial )Act 2021
- Analysis of The Constitutional Amendment Act regarding Article 89 (1)
- Analysis of The Constitutional Amendment Act regarding Article 89
- Analysis of The Torture and Custodial Death Act 2020
- Analysis of Amendment in the Constitution of Pakistan Article 62
- Analysis of Working Women (Protection of Rights) Act 2020
- Analysis of Protection Against Harassment of Women At Workplace (Amendments)
- Analysis of the Criminal Law (Amendment) Ordinance 2020 Amendment in Sec 375 Anti Rape
- Analysis of the Anti-Rape (Investigation and Trial )Ordinance 2020
- Analysis of The Specific Relief (Amendment) Bill 2021
- Analysis of the Guardian And Ward (Amendment) Act 2021
- Analysis of Muslim Family Law Ordinance(Amendment) Act 2021
- Analysis of the Pakistan Penal Code Amendment Act 2020 in sec 279 regarding underage drivers and accidents.
- Analysis on the Constitutional Amendment Act 2020 (proposed in Article 38).
- The Anti-Money Laundering Act 2010.
- Analysis of the Criminal Laws (Amendment)Act,2020 Section 409 Benazir Income Support program.
- Analysis of Muslim Family Law Ordinance 1961 (New).
- Analysis of honor killing bill 2016 passed by parliament.
- Analysis of the Employment of Unattended Youth Act 2020.
- Analysis of The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act 2019 offenses related to Mischief and Criminal Trespass.
- Analysis of The Anti-terrorism (Amendment) Act 2019 regarding Economic Terrorism.
- Criminal Law Amendment about section 292 PPC Obscene material Printing.
- Analysis of Nikkah Nama Form.
- National Commission on Status of Women Act 2011.
- Reproductive health care and rights2010.
- Juvenile Justice System Ordinance 2000 and Police Order.
- Protection of Women Act 2006 with reference of Hudood Ordinances.
- The Sindh Prevention and Thalassemia Ordinance 2013.
- Constitutional Amendment Bill 2013 regarding Article 51 of the Constitution was introduced in National Assembly.
- Child Marriage Restraint Act 1929.
- The Child Rights Protection System Bill 2014.
- National Internal Security Policy 2014.
- Pakistan Protection Ordinance 2013& 2014.
- The Education of the Holy Quran according to recitation by the sighting and translation, learning by heart and with correct pronunciation Act 2014.
- Analysis report on “ Violence against women and Girls Statistics”
- The National Commission on the Rights of the Child Act 2015.
- KPK Establishment of Civil Mobile Courts Bill 2015” and recommend some amendments.
- Punjab Muslim Family Laws (Amendment) Act 2015.
- Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act 2015.
- The Army (Amendment) Act 2015.
- 21st Constitutional Amendment Act 2015.
- Protection against Harassment of Women at Work Place Act 2010& 2014.
- Investigation of Fair Trail Act 2012” Introduced in National Assembly.
- KPK shop and Establishments Bill 2015.
- The Punjab Child Marriage Restraint (Amendment) Act 2015.
- Constitution Amendment Bill 2014” about seats of Minorities in National Assembly.
- Constitutional Amendment Act 2015” regarding Article 51 of Constitution.
- 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, Constitutional Amendments.
- Anti Rape Laws (Criminal Laws Amendment) Act 2013 &2016.
- The Criminal Law (Amendment) (Offences in the name or Pretext of Honor) Act 2016.
- Muslim Family Law Ordinance 1961.
- Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority Ordinance 2002 & PEMRA Rules.
- A Brief study about “Formation of Election commission and Powers and Functions of Election Commissioner According to Constitution of Pakistan.
- The Domestic Violence Bill of Sindh 2013, Punjab 2015, KPK 2016.
- The Alternate Dispute Resolution Act 2017.
- Constitutional Amendment Act 2020 about Candidate of two seats at the same time.
- Pakistan Penal Code Amendment section 375.
- Criminal Laws Amendment Act 2020 Section 409 Benazir Income Support program.
- The Criminal Laws Amendment Act 2019 regading section 3772.
- The persons Arrested detained or Under Custodial Investigation Act 2020.
- The Working Women Rights and Protection Act 2020.
- Zainab Alert, Response and Recovery Act (ZARRA) 2020.
- The Succession Act 2019.
- The Constitution (Amendment) Act 2020.
- The Criminal Laws (Amendment) Act 2019.
- The Guardians and Wards (Amendment).
- The Maintenance and Welfare of Old Parents and Senior Citizens Act 2019.
- The Torture and Custodial Death.
Surveys & Other
- Survey Report on Court Marriages.
- Filed a Constitution Petition against PEMRA Authorities for violation of PEMRA Ordinance by Broadcasters and Cable Operators.
- Prepared a Hand Bill regarding proposed amendments in “Sindh Judicial Service Rules 1994” start a signature movement in this regard and sent this to the Chief Justice of Pakistan, Pakistan Bar Council, Sindh Bar Council, High Court of Sindh, Law ministry of Sindh with signature of large number of Lawyers of Pakistan.
- Conduct a Survey regarding corruption in Law and Justice System in Pakistan.
- Article About significance of D.N.A test in Rape cases.
- Article about whether Child marriage causing high maternal mortality in Pakistan and legal age of marriage in Pakistan.
- An Article is published in Jassarat magazine titled “Nafsiyat e Ghulami”.
- An Article is Published in Tarjuman ul Quran regarding Domestic violence.
- Blogs regarding Sex Education, Hijab and its Historical background in other religions context and on other current issues are published on our Website.
- Research papers on various issues have been read by our members in National and International Conferences.